Greenwich 2nd graders can register to adopt and tend to lettuce plants for six weeks, as part of the Fairchild Challenge at the GEC, and participate in community showcase at the Garden Education Center in Cos Cob, CT.
Be sure to check our NEWS & UPDATES PAGE for Buttercrunch Awards 2016, CLICK HERE.
Timing for Greenwich Lettuce Challenge 2016
- Final school enrollment deadline will be Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 5:00 pm
- Two ways to register:
- School online registration, NOW OPEN, click here to register online.
- In-person school registration. We will be available to help you and answer questions on March 23, 3:30-5:00 pm at the GEC, 130 Bible Street, Cos Cob. Please RSVP to email@example.com
- Plant plug pickup for pre-registered schools, Wednesday, May 4, 2016, at the GEC, 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- Finalists, deliver three plants per school to the GEC, June 15th, 9am-1pm, with entry forms
- Showcase and Buttercrunch Awards, Wednesday June 15, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. in the Garden Education Center Gallery.
- The GEC is seeking 2016 Buttercrunch Awards sponsors and volunteers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
During the Lettuce Challenge, you can always click on the Lettuce Challenge logo on our front page to go directly to our news page where you will find registration links and common questions, and sponsorship and volunteer opportunities.