Welcome to the GEC Youth Program site with our photos, resources, updates and special project information.
COMING UP at the GEC this May
The theme for May is Fairies & Gnomes, during this imaginative season. We’re celebrating Wildflowers and Pollinator Gardens with our special events.
- May 2: May Market Don’t miss it! We’ll have a poetry and coloring table, and our scavenger hunt will help you find a poem in the Pinetum.
- Until May 8th Enter our Community Haiku Challenge – for our first anniversary poetry garden, and to celebrate OUR BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!
Support G E C
Write a poem for our garden
You could win a prize!
May 10: Second Sunday Pollinators (age 12+)Workshop: Building a Monarch Waystation: Wildflowers and Pollinators Second Sunday Pollinators cancelled
- May 6, 13, 27: Mushrooms (1-3 with caregiver) Wednesday Morning Mushrooms (note we are not meeting on the 20th)
- May 17: Third Sunday A Family Nature Play Day for the fairies! Build a fairy house scavenger hunt. Workshop: Make a Nature Cake: Plantable Homemade Paper. Third Sunday Nature Play is recommended for 3-11 year olds and their families. Please pre-register.
REGISTER NOW for
- Sprouts & Seedlings (ages 3-11) week long enrichment programs during school vacations, This Summer’s theme: Summer Journals: Maps, Sketches, Stories, Doodles, and Searches with special guest experts who will explore with us and stretch our imaginations.
- Upcoming June Programs
We’ll bring a presentation to your classroom, or welcome you in our greenhouse, garden, and power of plants classroom.
ONGOING: compost, vermicomposting, borrow a worm bin
ONGOING: recycling with the Green Schools Environmental Docent Program
ONGOING: youth group tours of the greenhouse and our current project.
About the Garden Education Center
The Garden Education Center of Greenwich is a non-profit volunteer organization in Cos Cob, CT, dedicated to promoting horticulture, conservation and the arts through educational programs, outreach activities and special events.
The GEC is located at the town-owned Montgomery Pinetum, with greenhouse, learning garden, classrooms, pond, and a collection of evergreens, woodland trails, wildflowers, and old stone structures and sculptures. We are an hour away from New York City.
Please visit www.gecgreenwich.org to learn more and register for our full list of programs and offerings.